At this point, you’re probably wondering two things:
- How much will it cost?
- When can you have it done by?
In order for me to give you an answer as quickly as possible, I need to get an understanding of the scope of the project, which usually means seeing an excerpt of the text.
The time and cost depend on a few factors:
- How long is the document? For larger projects spanning several days or weeks, it is best for both of us to establish a fixed price. For shorter projects with a quick turnaround I charge an hourly rate.
- Do you need heavy editing, light editing or proofreading? Sometimes it’s hard to know this yourself. Let me take a look at the text and respond with an example of what I can do, and how long it will take.
- Time for questions and comments – sometimes projects aren’t as straightforward as you might think. For example, when I work on scientific articles and research, I like to allow time for a round of questions and responses.
- Layout and delivery requirements
Two important notes!
- I treat all client documents as confidential. I am happy to sign an NDA if you prefer.
- I think it’s important to be a good match for my clients, and I can help refer you to someone else if I feel that a project is outside of my realm of expertise.